- Shipping FAQ - Click here
- What is JapanWifiBuddy's service? What does it do?
- We rent out Pocket Wifi Devices. (Known in other places as Mifi or wireless routers.) They allow you to make your own little, mobile wifi network which connects to the internet via the cell networks. Stick it in your pocket and connect all your cellphones, tablets and laptops to it, and stay connected to the internet wherever you go! We deliver it to your arrival airport or hotel, and we include a return envelope for you to send it back to us at the end of your rental.
Shipping & Return Questions
We include free 5-day shipping in all orders. This includes shipping to the airports listed below, as well as your hotel, AirBNB, local residence, or post office. We also include a return shipping envelope that is self-addressed and prepaid.
- What is the process for airport pickup?
- We deliver to a number of major airports throughout the country, where pickup is simple and quick for you.
- Please see our airport pickup page to learn how this simple process works!
- Where do I pick the device up? How do I get it back to you?
- We ship the device to you wherever you are in Japan. We can ship it to your hotel or any of the larger airports, where you can pick it up. When it's time to send it back to us, just throw everything in the included return envelope and drop it off in a Japan Post mailbox!
- Can you ship to my AirBNB location or share house?
- Yes! We do this regularly. Please make sure with your host/landlord that there will be someone on site to receive packages. Occasionally there are cases where there is no one available to receive the package, in which case, we can work out shipping to your local post office where they will hold it for you. In many cases, centrally located post offices operate 24 hours for added convenience.
- What if I need to cancel my order?
- In the event that the client needs to unexpectedly cancel their service before coming to Japan, as long as we have 6 calendar days notice before the rental starts, there will be no fee. If we've already shipped the package and the user cancels their order, there will be a 50% fee to cover our loss of use. If a rental cancellation is requested mid-rental, refunds will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- What's the battery life on JWB's devices?
- They're good for 4 to 13-ish hours of use, depending on the model. Like any battery-powered device, continual use will shorten the battery life, and inconsistent use will make lengthen it. Either way, we include a backup battery good for another 4-or-so hours of life! (For a detailed battery life comparison, please see our comparison chart. )
- We include chargers for both the backup battery and the router.
- How big is the device?
- They're all about the size of an iPhone 5. For Americans, that's 4.7" x 2.5" x .6". For everyone else, that's 12cm x 6.5cm x 1.5cm.
- What kinds of speeds can I expect?
- Each level (Silver, Gold, Platinum) have different capabilities, Silver being the lowest and Platinum Plus being the fastest. The Silver has a max manufacturer's specified speed of 150Mbps, and we've seen speeds speeds of up to 50Mbps, though those aren't usually long-lasting. There are many factors that contribute to your connection speed, including network traffic, network maintenance, location, physical obstacles, etc. The max manufacturer's specified speed is the maximum potential speed, but is, in reality, rarely achieved on any network anywhere in the world. Generally speaking, the manufacturer's claimed speeds aren't attainable in real-world conditions. (For a detailed battery life comparison, please see our comparison chart. )
- If I exceed my limit of data, what happens?
- None of our plans have any overage charges. If you exceed your limit, you're slowed down to 3G speeds, which can vary between .5-50 KB/s. We've experienced 3G during our testing that was pretty much the same speed as the LTE connection, but we've also experienced times when it was very, very slow. Please rent the right router for your data needs!
- For the Gold router, once you exceed a certain amount of data consumption, you'll need to "accept charges" (which we pay, so don't worry!) every 500MB or so. A pop-up appears on the screen, and you just select "yes", and then you can carry on with your use as usual.
- What are the coverage areas on the WifiBuddies?
- I've seen other companies offering Wimax devices for much cheaper. Is there a difference between the Wimax2+ service you offer and the standard Wimax?
- Yes! The Wimax network is old and outdated and is no longer being upgraded. Most devices were only about to run at about 13.3Mbps download speeds. The Wimax2+ network is Japan's fastest network, and is growing in coverage and capabilities all the time. The networks fastest advertised speed is more than 300Mbps, though our devices are only capable of a claimed maximum 220Mbps.
- How far in advance do you recommend I rent my WifiBuddy router?
- We're often sold out, so we recommend renting as far in advance as possible. In many cases we are sold out a couple of weeks in advance. To confirm availability for the model you would like, go to the product's page and click on the calendar. Grayed out dates are unavailable.
- What happens if I lose or damage the device?
- No one likes to talk about this kind of stuff, but it's good to get it out in the open just in case. If the device is lost or damaged such that it becomes unusable or unpresentable, we will bill your credit card for the replacement cost of the included device and accessories. See our Terms of Service for more information.
- Why don't you offer any Emobile routers?
- EMobile no longer exists. It disappeared in a merger with Softbank, and is now YMobile. We do offer YMobile routers (Gold WifiBuddy), which provide network coverage similar to Softbank now. Older Emobile devices may or may not provide the same coverage, depending on the type of carrier aggregation available, so please be aware of that when considering other options.
- With the Gold and Platinum packages, what is this I hear about YMobile and Wimax2+ "Fair Use" policy?
- These plans do offer unlimited connection, but in reality, there are no truly unlimited LTE connections available in Japan. YMobile's Fair Use policy states that users can be slowed down if they exceed 1GB of data over any 3 consecutive 3-day period. Wimax2+'s Fair Use policy states that users can be slow down if they exceed 3GB of data of any consecutive 3-day period. This is standard with all router providers, not just JapanWifiBuddy. Please rent the right router(s) so you don't run into limitations!
- Can I pay with Paypal?
- We do offer Paypal shipping! As a security measure, however, Paypal requires you to input your shipping address as your Paypal-registered shipping address. So just go ahead and do that, and let us know in the NOTES section where you would like your WifiBuddy shipped!
Affiliate Program FAQ
- What is the affiliate program?
- Simply put, any time affiliates send clients to us who complete an order and then successfully return their WifiBuddy, the affiliate will receive cash.
- What kind of compensation?
- Affiliates will receive 3.5% of the sales price of the order. So if you send us a client and they make a $100 rental, you'll receive $3.50 of that. $200 rental, and you'll make $7. Travel blog writers who send dozens of clients can easily make hundreds of dollars through this kind of partnership!
- How do I get my money from JapanWifiBuddy?
- Once the rental is complete and the WifiBuddies have returned to our offices, we'll apply the cash to your account. We pay out via Paypal once a month.